The desire to prevent tooth decay is one of the main reasons people visit their dentists
Today we are going to review 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings arise. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to book an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among pre-teens, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Friendswood area, give Montz and Maher Dental Group a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Houston since 1997.
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Locations (Tap to open in Google Maps):
2443 S Galveston Ave
Pearland, Texas 77581
Pearland Phone: 281-485-4829
1769 S. Friendswood Dr. Ste 107
Friendswood, TX 77546
Friendswood Phone: 281-482-1275