One common excuse often given by people who don’t floss is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, here are some suggestions for when to fit this essential dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- When you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can lead to plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some peculiar looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
I hope this gives you some helpful ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Flossing is vital for anyone in Friendswood who wants to have a healthy smile.
If you want to upgrade your smile, look into cosmetic dentistry procedures such as porcelain veneers, invisible braces, teeth whitening, or dental implants.
My name is Dr. David Montz. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, as well as helping them realize the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and complete smile makeovers.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 832-895-5120 to make an appointment!
Excellence By Intention
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):