Gum disease is an inflammation or infection of the gums. For the most part, it is preventable. This condition is so pervasive in the US that it has been called a ‘health crisis’ by the ADA. At David C. Montz DDS in Friendswood, we have effective treatment for gum disease.
Some facts about gum disease, formally known as periodontal disease:
- If left untreated, it can cause irreversible damage such as tooth loss.
- Practicing daily dental hygiene and having 6-month dental exams are the best way to prevent periodontal disease.
- It can be present where there is no tooth decay.
- Almost half of all adults over thirty in the United States have periodontal disease.
- In some cases, it produces no noticeable symptoms.
Your gums influence your overall health, so keeping them in good shape is essential. Even if you don’t feel any pain, it is important to have a dental checkup twice a year.
Contact David C. Montz DDS, PA & Associates – Family, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):