Hate your CPAP machine?
You’re not alone. CPAP doesn’t work for everyone.
CPAP is supposed to make me sleep better?
CPAP is designed to help patients breathe through the night. CPAP is supposed to help you sleep better, not worse. It’s frustratingly ironic that many patients sleep worse with the CPAP machine than before!
These are the most prevalent reasons patients don’t do well with CPAP:
- CPAP is loud for the patient and their bed partner
- The CPAP mask is uncomfortable
- It’s easy to get tangled up in the hose
- It’s inconvenient to travel with a CPAP device
- Cleaning a CPAP is cumbersome (when you don’t clean it, it becomes a gross health hazard)
- Wearing a tight CPAP mask is impossible for individuals with claustrophobia
- The CPAP mask doesn’t work for men with beards
CPAP isn’t the only treatment available for individuals with sleep apnea.
There is an awesome CPAP alternative!
Dentists who practice dental sleep medicine offer a terrific CPAP alternative to treat obstructive sleep apnea. It’s called oral appliance therapy.
The dentist fabricates a custom oral appliance for the patient. The mouthguard-type device readjusts the mouth and throat so the airway stays open during the night.
Imagine how life would be different if you had a CPAP alternative
An oral appliance is small. It has no tubes. You don’t have to wear a mask. It’s effortless to clean. It fits in a toiletry bag when you travel. It doesn’t need electricity (hello camping!).
Dental oral appliance therapy provided by Montz and Maher Dental Group is the CPAP alternative of choice for people in the Friendswood area.
Oral appliance therapy could be right for you. Schedule a consultation today!
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):